The May 9 Select Board Meeting will take place 6:30 pm at the Cavendish Town Office. Items on the Agenda include:
• Follow up to item 15 from the April meeting, which pertained to flooding problems with the brook that crosses Twenty Mile Stream Road by Slattery and course along and through several properties before going under Main Street (Route 131) eventually letting to the old canal bed and the Black River. The flooding seems to be getting worse and more frequent and all of the affected property owners have been invited to attend this meeting to discuss the problem and hopefully, give input as to a plan to reduce the flood risks.
• Review and sign Certificate of Opening Highway for minor alignment changes made to the intersection of TH#29, Egan RD, and TH #62, Howard Hill RD, in the process of replacing Town Highway Bridge #45 (Howard Hill Bridge) during the 2006-2007 construction.
• Update on Town-wide Appraisal Update activities and the Notice of Reappraisal book, which was recently sent to all Cavendish property owners of record.
• Review correspondence from “VT 100” regarding the23rd Annual VT 100 Endurance Race to be held July 16 & 17, 2011. A part of the endurance course utilizes Birmingham , Atkinson, Brook and South Reading Roads in Cavendish. The proceeds from this race benefits VT Adaptive Ski and Sports, which provides great recreational opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
• Updates on various town activities including highway maintenance and staffing; progress on Rt 131 property closing; Green Up Day, 250th Anniversary Committee, the Carlton Rd development project, etc.