The celebration for the opening of route 131, by the “Cavendish Canyon” has been scheduled for Saturday Nov. 5. Note that given the snowy forecast, this date could change, so be sure to check the blog and Facebook.
Currently scheduled is a visit from the governor for the ribbon cutting ceremony at 1 pm. Following this will be a car parade to the Cavendish Elementary School in Proctorsville for light food (chili, soup, veggie, cookies and drinks).
If you, or your organization, can help in any way with the food piece, that would be incredibly helpful. Someone is needed to coordinate the kitchen as well as clean up. Below are a list of items needed and timeframes. If you can help in any way, please call (226-7807) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Set up in the multi purpose room. If there is nothing scheduled for Friday at the school, Margo will oversee this activity.
• Table decorations and clothes
• People to set up chairs and tables.
• Paper products (cups, bowls, cutlery, napkins, plates)
• Veggie platter(s)
• Cheese Platter
• Cookies & Pies. If someone wanted to do a special sheet cake, similar to what we had for the 250th, that could take the place of the cookies & pies.
• Cider, Coffee and water (there is most likely bottled water at the town that could be used)
• Need someone to oversee the food.
• People to help in the kitchen with serving and cleanup (Probably 2 with the in charge person would be sufficient)
• Need someone to be in charge. This includes making sure tables and chairs are properly cleaned and stored under the stage. Floor is swept and garbage taken care of.