The Cavendish Select Board will meet on Monday, Aug. 13 at 6:30 pm at the Cavendish Town Office. The agenda will include:
• Observe a moment of silence in honor of James Ballantine, Chair of the Select board and member of the Cavendish Municipal Water System Board and member of Cavendish School District Board of Directions, who passed away on the morning of Aug. 2. Town manager Svec to comment on the Cavendish civic career of Ballantine.
• Board to discuss the several vacancies left by Ballantine’s death and consider reappointments as may be necessary in the Select Board’s organizational structure.
• Continue discussion on a proposed Cavendish application for participation in the 2012 Ecosystem Restoration and Protection Services Grant Program, which would procure and protect properties important to river and flood management.
• Review preliminary draft of an ordinance to prohibit the construction and/or operation of aircraft takeoff and landing facilities in the Town of Cavendish. This ordinance specifically will not prohibit emergency, police or disaster response aircraft from landing or take off in this town.
• Update the Board on municipal planning grant activities, which are presently underway.
• Review draft of the proposed F”Y 2012-2013 Cavendish Municipal Wastewater System Budget and Rate Schedule