Select Board Agenda for 1/14/13, meeting to be held at 6:30 pm at the Town Office.
• Town manager to discuss application for Water Quality Priority List status and a planning loan to pursue funding for energy efficiency upgrade for the Wastewater Treatment Facility which would involve replacement of low-efficiency blowers with high efficiency equipment, replacement of the lagoon aeration diffuser systems in the three lagoons, installation of energy efficient blower controls including variable frequency drives and a dissolved oxygen driven control system to gain best economy and best effectiveness for the treatment processes.
• Town Manager to discuss progress on preparation of an application for Hazard Mitigation and/or other program grants to assist in resolving drainage issues on Carlton Road. This is further follow-up on this topic.
• Discuss progress in attempts to schedule Select Board visits to Cassella sort facility and a nearby town transfer station using the Cassella zero-sort plan option.
• Town Manager to report on progress of the municipal water system project to resolve post treatment dissolved air issues in the finish water.
• Discuss Town Report preparation and printing contract award for the 2012 report.
• Town Manager to solicit topics for inclusion in the Town Manager and Selectmen’s Report for the 2012 book.
• Representative of the Visiting Nurse & Hospice of VT & NH present to discuss level of service in the Town of Cavendish and an appropriation request for FY 2012-2013
• Representative of the American Red Cross present to discuss level of service in the Town of Cavendish and an appropriation request for FY 2012-2013
• Update on various other town activities
• Other business
• Continue work and discussions on the F”Y 2013-2014 Selectmen’s Budget
Select Board Agenda for 1/16/13, 6 pm at the Town Office
• Continue work on FY 2013-2014 Selectmen’s Budget
- Sheriff Mike Chamberlain present to discuss Windsor County Sheriff’s Office services to the Town of Cavendish and discuss the proposed level of service and rate schedule for the contract period July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014.
- Constable Seth Perry present to discuss Constable level of service, scope of activities and level of funding for the FY2013-2014 period.
- Librarian Kata Welch and Library Trustee Brian Benoit present to present and discuss the library budget and request for town appropriation for the FY2013-2014 period.