The Cavendish Connects website now includes much of what was included on this blog as well as a calendar of Cavendish events. The new blog, “The Dish,” includes the Cavendish Update as well as on-going information.
The Cavendish Select Board will meet on Monday, Oct. 7 at 6:30 at the town office. This meeting change is due to the holiday on Oct 14 (Columbus Day), when the town office will be closed. The agenda for Monday's meeting will include:
• Shana Duval of VELCO's Office of External Affairs is scheduled to be present to inform the Select Board about the "Connecticut River Valley Project," which includes plans to rebuild the VELCO transmission line between the Coolidge Substation in Cavendish and the new Ascutney Substation. VELCO's present schedule calls for a submission to the Public Service Board for a Certificate of Public Good in December 2013. Members of the Cavendish Planning Commission are invited to participate in this discussion.
• Terry O'Brien will discuss a proposed skateboard ramp at the Greven Field Recreation area.
• Selectmen to adopt several resolutions regarding business deposit accounts. This is required due to the recent change of Town Clerk/Treasurer to Diane McNamara who replaced Jane Pixley upon her retirement.
• Review of Specifications for an RFP for the Staley property clean-up of the hazardous fire-damaged site. This is a continuation of discussion from several recent meetings.
• Progress update on the Cavendish/Soveren solar project.
• Summary of other recent town activities, including the ERP grant, highway projects, water system activities, wastewater system activities, town Clerk/Treasurer transition, et.