Questions about what goes where? Check out Do’s and Don’ts of Zero Sort at the Casella website.
In addition to the Zero Sort program, Cavendish Transfer station also offers the following recycling opportunities free of charge:
• Fiber Barn (clean and dry clothing all types including ripped and stained; shoes-bagged separately from clothing; clean and dry linens-blankets, sheets, towels; belts, purses, hats, mittens, gloves, coats, socks; and stuffed animals) Note that the Fiber Barn benefits SEVCA
• CFL light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
• Untreated Wood waste
• Scrap Metal
• Button Batteries
• Rechargeable Batteries
• Used oil (in one-gallon jugs)
• Steel Cans
• Computers, monitors, peripherals
• Uncoated Natural Wood Pallets
• Printers, Televisions
• Thermostats with Mercury
• Used printer cartridges (the big ones, not the small ink jets) can be dropped off at CTES for the sixth grade.
• Prescription Medicines/Over the counter drugs can be taken to the
• There are free collections and safe disposal of Household Hazardous Waste at various locations on the second Saturday in May and the second Saturday in September.
• Packing peanuts can be recycled by calling 802-226-7204.
• Have stuff that’s in good shape but it’s cluttering the house? Consider the following options:
- Donate it to Black River Good Neighbor in Ludlow
- Save it for the Cavendish Town Wide Tag Sale, the last Saturday of July
- Post it as part of the Cavendish Update classifieds. Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include contact information.
• For other recycling options, check out How to Recycle Anything. Who knew there was a place to recycle crayons, crocs and yoga matts.
If you have other recycling options to add to the list, please e-mail them to email@example.com