The Cavendish Connects website now includes much of what was included on this blog as well as a calendar of Cavendish events. The new blog, “The Dish,” includes the Cavendish Update as well as on-going information.
The Cavendish Select Board will meet on July 14, 6:30 at the Cavendish Town office. The agenda will include:
• Follow-up to the Select Board discussion of March 10th and Mary 12th, 2014. Engineers from VHB Engineering and Representatives from Vtrans will be present to discuss project plans for a railroad embankment stabilization project (concrete block retaining wall) alongside Cavendish Gulf Road with specific regard to the letters that the Board of Selectmen and the planning Commission sent and which pertained to the historic context, aesthetics and surface treatment of the concrete blocks proposed for the project construction. This project will necessitate a short term closure (estimated 2 weeks) of the section of Cavendish Gulf Road from the Graham driveway to the Rowe driveway. The project is scheduled for construction in 2014.
• Discussion of the Cavendish Solar Project and a different approach for construction, financing and ownership of the array. This is a follow-up and continuation of the discussion of July 7th. Members of the Cavendish Energy Committee will be present.
• Follow up to the special town meeting which took place on June 23rd and the procurement of the property at 601 Main Street.
• Update on State Highway Bridge #1 on Rt 131 in Whitesville and the schedule of events on that project including reopening of the bridge.
• Town Manager to discuss recent Vermont Better Back Roads Program grant award for a culvert inventory.