Thursday May 30, 2013
Ceremonies begin at 10 am at the Cavendish Town Elementary School
• Welcome and Introductions: Introduction and Opening Prayer by Bill Buswell, Chaplain on behalf of Harry Westcott, Commander Wallace McNulty-Hoyle American Legion Post #$
• America: Sung by everyone and accompanied by Evelyn Turco
• Flag Procession: All Sing-Songs from Each Branch of Service
• Salute to Colors
• Pledge of Allegiance
• God Bless America
• Performance: Selection by CTES students
• “Heritage of Freedom” Guest Speaker Sandra Stearns
• Performance: Selections by CTES Students
• Star Spangled Banner: Sung by George Thomson
• Closing Prayer: Chaplain Bill Buswell
Special thanks to Evelyn Turco for piano accompaniment, the Green Mountain Union High School Marching Band for participating in the parade and for American Legion Post # 36 of Ludlow for leading the parade. This year’s ceremonies are specially dedicated to the men and women presently serving or who have served our country.
March to the Cemetery: The march begins immediately following the program. The GMUHS Marching Band ill provide music and cadence for the parade. The Color Guard from the Ludlow American Legion Post will lead the parade and bear the colors. The parade will form at the Cavendish Town Garage on Main Street and proceed to the bridge on Mill Street for the traditional wreath tossing ceremony honoring the men and women who died serving this country. Carmine Guica will toss the wreath of honor. The parade will then continue to High Street, and on to the Cavendish Village Cemetery where there will be a brief closing ceremony including a gun salute and the playing of Taps.
Legion Open House: Immediately following the ceremony at the cemetery, there will be an open house with lunch provided by the Wallace McNutly-Hoyle American Legion Post #4 at the Holy Name of Mary Parish Hall located at 803 Main Street (next to the former Grange Hall) in Proctorsville.