The Selectmen’s Meeting, Monday, July 9th, 2012 will take place in the Cavendish Town Office Meeting Room at 6:30 p. The agenda will be as follows:
1. Call the monthly meeting to order
2. Review approve minutes of the meetings of June 18th and 25th
3. Sign Orders
4. Review Correspondence
5. Adjust agenda
6. Hear Citizens
7. Progress update regarding FEMA paperwork and reimbursements. Discussion on town highway, bridge and wastewater facility storm recovery work which remains.
8. Review calculation sheet and set the tax rate for the tax year July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 (Fiscal Year 2012-13)
9. Town Manager to discuss a refinancing opportunity on USDA Water System Bonded Indebtedness which can reduce the interest rate and shorten the repayment term. If the Board wishes to pursue this opportunity, the Select Board, as the Legislative Body, will need to authorize submission of a letter of intent and subsequent application.
10. Discussion on a proposed Cavendish application for participation in the 2012 Ecosystem Restoration and Protection Services Grant Program which would procure and protect properties important to river and flood management.
11. Continue consideration of land exchange with Pieter van Schaik (Item 6c on 6/11 and item 5 on 6/18)
12. Review preliminary draft of an ordinance to prohibit the construction and/or operation of aircraft takeoff and landing facilities in the Town of Cavendish. This ordinance specifically will not prohibit emergency, police or disaster response aircraft from landing or taking off in this town.
13. Review and sign VTrans TA60 Annual Highway Financial Plan
14. Town Manager to discuss municipal planning grant activities which are presently underway
15. Update on various other town activities
16. Review draft of the proposed FY 2012-13 Cavendish Municipal Wastewater System Budget and Rate Schedule