The Cavendish Connects website now includes much of what was included on this blog as well as a calendar of Cavendish events. The new blog, “The Dish,” includes the Cavendish Update as well as on-going information.
The damage to Cavendish is significant. According to town manager, Richard Svec, the damage is in the millions and we will qualify for FEMA. There are a number of areas that are damaged including:
• Mill St and Mac Molding Parking Lot flooded
• Depot Street Proctorsville flooded, residents evacuated
• Brook Rd (Cavendish) residents evacuated, major damage
• Rt 131 by Duttonsville Rd has been washed out
• Rt 131 Bridge by William's Store major section missing
• Rt 131 Chubb Hill Rd area bridge damaged
• Sections of Rt 131 are missing so take care while driving
• Davis Rd bridge is out
• Heald Rd heavy flooding
The Cavendish Town Elementary School is open for those needing shelter. Breakfast will be available tomorrow morning starting around 7 am.
At this juncture, there is no way in or out of town, so the Red Cross is not able to respond.
Thanks to all of those who are able to provide refuge to our friends and neighbors. Thanks to our fire chiefs, fire and rescue for thier efforts at coordinating rescue and aid.