The Cavendish Select Board will meet on Monday May 8 at 6:30 pm at the Town Office. The Agenda will be as follows:
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Act upon minutes of the meetings of July 11 and July 27, 2011.
3. Sign Orders
4. Review Correspondence
5. Adjust agenda
6. Hear Citizens
7. Consider request from the Board of Listers for Errors and Omissions corrections to the 2011 Grand List
8. Discuss/review “Penalties for Late Filed Homestead Declarations” information and procedures as recently received from the Vermont Department of Taxes. The Department of Taxes suggests that the Select Board set a policy to make penalty determinations and inform the taxpayers of the Town’s determination. This is a significant change in the State’s responsibilities and duties in this regard and it shifts the decisions and related correspondence (and headaches) down upon the
9. Consider/discuss information on Vermont Legislative Reapportionment Proposal
10. Discuss/consider Highway Mutual Aid Agreement - Orange and Windsor Counties. Approximately half of the towns in the Orange-Windsor coverage area are presently signed on to the program.
11. Review and discuss recent correspondence from the Vermont Transportation Board ie., Proposed Decision and Order on Coutu’s Petition (to the Transportation Board) for Declaratory Ruling and Helipad Application
12. Follow-up on road work on Center Road as discussed last meeting. This will include some budgetary figures.
13. Update on various town activities
14. Other business