The Cavendish Connects website now includes much of what was included on this blog as well as a calendar of Cavendish events. The new blog, “The Dish,” includes the Cavendish Update as well as on-going information.
Several pieces of information:
* If you are volunteering in any aspect of the recovery, please send a list of your hours to firstname.lastname@example.org This is needed for FEMA and to help us get more funds.
* The helicopter landed and the Red Cross arrived. We have wonderful fresh fruit, lots of water and a variety of supplies. Come for dinner starting at 5:30 and take home what you need. There is a truck on its way from a church down south bringing cleaning supplies and other items needed for the clean up.
* We know that many want to help and many need help. We're starting both an online list and will keep a copy at the town office. Please e-mail email@example.com with your needs as a homeowner/renter or if there is a service you can volunteer for. Be specific. For example-can donate five hours on Sept 3 to chain saw.
* We've received a number of inquiries about where people can donate money. It appears there are going to be several options for doing this for our town. Hope to have that for the morning post.
* The guard is carving a new road in the "Cavendish Canyon" down by the old Duttonsville School. Please refrain from "site seeing."
* Hope to have an actual resource page up tomorrow, but in the mean time, here are some resources to check out:
- Report individual property damage by calling 211
- Business should call the Agency of Commerce and Community Development 828-3211 to report damage, which will be collated VEM and FEMA. They can also help with financing and technical assistance.
-Farms call VT Farm Bureau 802-434-5646
- For latest travel information call 511 or visit http://www.511vt.com